To make best use of our resources we don’t fund activities that are the responsibility of other government agencies.
Check which government organisation funds your type of project.
- Manatū Taonga - Ministry for Culture and Heritage.
You cannot apply to Creative New Zealand if your project, project phase or programme of activity has received funding via Manatū Taonga Ministry for Culture and Heritage Arts and Culture COVID Recovery Programme. You can however apply for a different project or a different phase of the same project. Creative New Zealand and Manatū Taonga share relevant information on applications to avoid duplication of funding.
- New Zealand Film Commission
- NZ on Air (this includes content for TV and radio)
- New Zealand Music Commission
- New Zealand History Research Trust
- National Services Te Paerangi
- Te Matatini
- Te Māngai Pāho
- Lotteries Grants Board/Community Matters
- Te Puni Kōkiri
This is not an exhaustive list. Please also refer to Other Sources of Funding on our website.