To receive funding from our Arts Grants or Annual Arts Grants programmes your project must achieve one, or more, of the programme’s purposes. Be sure to make a statement in your Arts Grants application about how your project will achieve one of these:
- More sustainable careers for individual artists and arts practitioners
- Development of arts practice
- Innovation in New Zealand arts
- Opportunities for diverse communities to access and participate in high-quality arts experiences
More sustainable careers for individual artists and arts practitioners
For instance, capability building projects that allow individual artists and arts practitioners to:
- develop professional skills that support their careers
- grow national and international audiences for their work
- develop diverse sources of support
- develop skills and knowledge to ensure their artwork and practice is relevant to New Zealanders and international audiences.
Development of arts practice
For instance, projects which encourage the development of:
- individual artists and arts practitioners through improving their artistic quality, their ability to be innovative and/or share best practice with international peers, so that they can reach their potential and achieve their goals
- arts organisations through improving their artistic quality, organisational effectiveness, and financial health
- New Zealand’s arts infrastructure, arts communities and audiences.
Innovation in New Zealand arts
For instance, projects that allow artists, arts practitioners and arts organisations to actively investigate new ways of working and take artistic risks. Innovation may exist in the:
- form of the work
- process of creating the work
- way the work is presented
- ways the work engages with its audience
- way in which skills and techniques are passed on.
Opportunities for diverse communities to access and participate in high-quality arts experiences.
For instance, projects that:
- remove barriers to access for audiences across New Zealand
- celebrate the arts of diverse cultures within New Zealand