Creative New Zealand’s support for the visual arts and craft/object arts is focused on activities or services that complement the activities and services covered by museums, galleries, tertiary institutions and dealer galleries.
Arts Grants can support dealer galleries for the following activities:
- Documentary, discourse and archival projects focused on New Zealand Visual arts and artists
- Collective professional development for artists/makers
- Large-scale national forums, symposiums, publications and other opportunities for artform discourse focused on New Zealand practice
- Participation at international art fairs
We do not support a gallery’s core business including, but not limited to:
- New Zealand-based exhibition costs, including artists’ new work costs, installation, marketing, hospitality, domestic art fairs, etc.
- Overheads, including venue, administration and staff costs.
Applications to support the cost of an artist creating new artwork for exhibition at a commercial/dealer gallery should be made directly by the artist.