Funding is available to support New Zealand artists to undertake international residencies.
Grants can be used towards costs associated with engaging in the residency virtually, or flights, living costs, and accommodation if travel is permitted at the time of application (check www.saferavel.govt.nz).
A strong application would include:
- A letter confirming the artist has been selected for the residency.
- Evidence of the host organisation’s financial or in-kind contribution.
- Evidence of the creative or professional development benefits for the artist.
- Details of the intended focus of artist’s work during the residency.
- Details of the host organisation’s curatorial emphasis or artistic direction.
- Evidence of the quality of the residency programme.
You cannot apply for support towards a residency that is already supported by a Creative New Zealand funding programme or initiative (for example, Berlin Visual Arts Residency).