We provide funding towards the cost of international touring, presenting and exhibiting distinctive, high-quality art by New Zealand artists and practitioners.
- For costs to tour, present and exhibit internationally, you can apply for up to $50,000
- For commission, development and creation costs incurred in New Zealand or overseas, you can apply for up to $75,000.
You can combine these two categories to apply for a total of $75,000 (noting the $50,000 cap for international touring, presenting and exhibition costs).
Your application must include, as support material for the Process section of your application:
- A letter of confirmation from the host, presenter or partner which includes:
- evidence that they are contributing financially to the project, including fees
- information about the risk mitigations in place
- confirmation that the presenter has sufficient experience and resources to deliver the project successfully, including outlining their marketing and promotion plans.
- An explanation of how this opportunity delivers to your international goals, including:
- what international success looks like for you
- information about the work’s previous presentation track record
- evidence that you understand the risks and have strategies to mitigate them, including a contingency plan should the project be cancelled.
- Quotes for travel costs, freight and insurance, if applicable.
We recommend attaching your international plan as support material. Here's a resource to help you develop your international plan: A guide to developing your international plan.
We can fund projects that are non-fee paying, including performance which involve a box-office share arrangement. Applicants will be required to provide evidence that they have sufficient experience and resources to manage any risks as well as their own marketing and promotion plans.
We do not fund production costs for presenting New Zealand music, theatre or dance by an international company for an international audience.