Funding is available for New Zealand artists to make recordings of original, high-quality New Zealand music that support live performance, touring and artist promotion.
We also support the recording of sound art projects that have presentation outcomes.
We do not fund recording projects where the main purpose is to distribute the recording via retail or online platforms. These projects should be directed to NZ On Air.
Creative New Zealand, NZ On Air and the New Zealand Music Commission share information on applications to ensure that there is no duplication of funding.
A strong application would include:
- An audio sample of the work to be recorded or other recent work
- An explanation of how the recording project will support live performance, touring or artist promotion
- An explanation of how the sound art work will be presented to audiences
- A production timeline noting which parts of the recording project (e.g. mixing and mastering) you’re asking CNZ to support
- Confirmation from contributors
- A description of the target audience and distribution plans