Fakaalofa lahi atu, Ni Sa Bula Vinaka, Tālofa, Kia orana, Mālō e lelei, Noa'ia, Mauri, Mālō nī, Talofa lava, Tēnā koutou katoa.
Use this excel template to provide detailed budgets for each calendar year you are requesting Tolu Wave funding, separating out your festival and capability building activities for 2022 and/or 2023, as applicable.
The maximum amount you can apply for is $400,000 over two years, made up of a maximum contribution of $150,000 per year to deliver a festival and a maximum contribution of up to $50,000 per year to support capability building activities.
Your budgets will be assessed on whether they are thorough and accurate and consider fair remuneration for artists and practitioners.
Your Tolu Wave detailed project budgets must:
- Be completed using this template and uploaded to the 'Attachments' tab of your Tolu Wave application form in the Portal.
- Show the total cost the festival and capability activities, not just amount you are asking Creative New Zealand to fund. Knowing the total cost helps us to understand the difference a grant will make.
- Show how you have calculated the figures in your budget by providing an itemised breakdown for all items; not just totals. Where possible, get quotes and base any estimates on actual costs or figures from similar projects.
- Include fair remuneration for the artists and practitioners involved.
- Clearly identify which costs you are asking Creative New Zealand to support.
- Include a detailed breakdown of all the sources of income.
- This includes admission fees (if any) and sales of merchandise for which you will receive income, as well as support from other government agencies, grants, trusts or foundations.
- We encourage you to apply for support from other government agencies, grants, trusts or foundations to cover any shortfall in funding or costs not supported by Creative New Zealand or the Tolu Wave.
- If you are partnering with an organisation who is part of our Tōtara or Kahikatea programmes, show their contribution to your project in your budget.