To receive funding from Creative New Zealand your project must achieve one of our long term goals, which we call Strategic Outcomes. Be sure to make a statement in your application about how your project will achieve one of these:
- High-quality New Zealand art is developed
- New Zealanders participate in the arts
- New Zealanders experience high-quality arts
- New Zealand arts gain international success
- New Zealand’s arts sector is resilient
You can read more about our outcomes and strategic direction in our Statement of Intent 2019 - 2029.
High-quality New Zealand art is developed
We support projects where high-quality New Zealand arts are developed by enabling artists, arts practitioners and arts organisations to:
- develop their artforms, the quality of their work, and their artistic skills and capabilities
- be innovative in their arts practice
- create work that excites, challenges, inspires and resonates with audiences.
New Zealand arts gain international success
We support projects where New Zealand artists, arts practitioners and arts organisations can:
- develop their practice in relation to the international arts environment, including through cultural and artistic exchange
- develop international markets and audiences to expand their reach onto the world stage, and improve their financial sustainability
- promote New Zealand and its arts to international audiences
New Zealanders participate in the arts
We support projects that allow New Zealanders to have as many opportunities as possible to participate in the arts, including to:
- express themselves artistically
- celebrate, practise, transmit and develop their diverse artistic traditions and cultural heritage
- develop links between communities.
New Zealanders experience high-quality arts
We support projects that broaden the opportunities for all New Zealanders to experience high-quality arts, including by:
- ensuring access to a diverse range of arts experiences
- investing to engage under-served communities.
New Zealand's arts sector is resilient
We support projects that build the resilience of the arts sector so it can adapt to challenges and embrace opportunities, while recognising the ways in which our country and the needs of its people are changing.